Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 9

Today was the day all this eating finally caught up to me. Felt sorta ill, and not having anywhere to just go an relax alone probably heightened the sensation somewhat. I did, luckily, rent another car. So at least I was free to cruise around. Just couldn't figure out where to go. Alas.

Anyway, for lunch I visited a highly regarded spot in Silverlake (I think) called Home. I sat outside right next to a large koi pond, and got to watch the fish swim about while I read and took in the nice weather. As for food, I ordered an outstanding chicken salad sandwich on toasted sourdough. Really, really tasty.


Then I hopped in the car and drove out to Venice. I had about 4 hours to kill, and so wandered about for a while (did you know Venice has canals, like the real Venice? Me neither. But it does, and they are downright charming!), then plopped down on the beach to read. The sun was setting and I had my back up against a palm tree. It was like being in a Corona commercial. No food, though, so no pictures.

Met up with Holly and Thomas after killing one final hour watching Monday Night Football and nursing a Dos Equis. We rode beach cruisers over to a Mexican cantina. I still had my stomach on my mind, so just played it safe and bland w/ chicken fingers:


Of course, I was mocked mercilessly for this preposterous order. Here's a shot of Holly eating the normal people food:


After, we met Adam at Holly's favorite dive bar, which truly was a dive in every sense of the word. Surprisingly (given the surroundings), Holly and Thomas each claimed this place made a real tasty burger. When Adam suggested splitting one, despite stomach issues and not being remotely hungry, I couldn't resist. Good call. This was one of the best cheeseburgers I have ever eaten in my life. No kidding.

1 comment:

Amy said...

you are living it up out there.