Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 4

Woke up at Pat's house craving coffee and something sweet. We walked across the street to a really nice, Dean and Deluca-esque cafe, where I loaded up on coffee and a delicious strawberry muffin. Never even heard of a strawberry muffin before. It was goooood.



Spent the afternoon driving from one cafe to another, looking for free Wifi and a good place to work. Then, acting on a hot tip from Michelle, I had the pleasure of dining al fresco at Yuca's Tacos. This place was amazing. Needless to say, after devouring a carne asada and a carnitas taco, I had to go back up and order a shredded beef taco, as well. All were delicious. Simple, excellent food for cheap. I like being back in civilization.



Then of course I spent the evening cheering the Phils! Still having trouble getting my head around them being in the World Series. Wow. We celebrated by driving over to a highbrow fast food joint called The Oinkster that we read about online. It was somewhat overrated, but still tasty. Take a looksee at my pulled pork sandwich and fries. Apparently I should have used a flash.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yum! The taco looked divine. Miss you!