Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 6

I can't believe it's been two whole days without Cafe Tropical. Fortunately, I made it back for another round of mango shake, guava cheese pie, and coffee. Plus, I also discovered Tropical has free Wifi, and so I snagged a seat right under the air conditioner and had a high old time.


Directly after, Bill and I hit a great Thai place for lunch. Specials were $5.99 and everything was delish. Here's a shot of our egg roll appetizers:


And my delightful entree:



This stuff was awesome and filling. Unfortunately, we did not catch a set by the Thai Elvis impersonator who makes this place famous (there was a large metal statue of him in attendance, however).

Still full, I accompanied Pat to El Carmen, where 450 different types of tequila were in attendance, and where this outstanding fish taco made its way down my gullet.


The night continued out in Santa Monica, where we took in some music and some beer, saw Adam and his little dog, but alas didn't eat again.

No comments: