Friday, October 24, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 12

Today was the day I had to return the rental car, kind of sticking me in one locale for the day. I took Abbey to lunch for accompanying me on my errand. We went to Home again, where I got to gawk at Adrian Grenier and tuck into this delightful curry chicken salad sandwich. Yum.


I then spent the day swooning in the heat like Blanche du Bois until it was finally time for happy hour at El Conquistador! This is my favorite happy hour in all of LA. You order yourself a lovely margarita like this one:


Not only is the margarita delicious (and strong!), but it comes with a delightful basket of chips and salsa. Here, Bill takes a bite:


But that is only the beginning, for at El Conquistador, your happy hour margarita also comes with a full platter of Mexican treats! Seriously, this is free. Unbelievable.


My crappy camera phone is not doing justice to this huge plate of melted cheese-based items. Yeah yeah.

Then I settled in for a terrible Phillies performance. This homemade bowl of popcorn was unfortunately the highlight of the second game of the World Series.

No comments: