Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 2

My first full day in LA starts with a bang. I have 2 favorite breakfasts, one on the East Coast (Middle Eastern eggs and coffee at Cafe Mogador, NYC) and one on the West. (Needless to say, when in DC I just make breakfast at home. No point going out.) I am completely obsessed with Cafe Tropical, and my first visit of the trip did not disappoint! Behold:



That there is a fresh mango shake, and a slice of guava cheese pie. Not shown: the best cup of coffee I've had in at least a year.

Here's a closer look at that guava cheese pie. Indescribably delicious.



Later I rented a car and spent the day getting lost in LA. It was fun to explore the city myself, as opposed to being schlepped around by friends as I usually do. I got a nice feel for the city, being out there alone.

Stopped off at a scenic overlook along Mulholland Drive. Here's the view:



All that driving got me hungry, so I swung by the Farmer's Market for a nice outdoor lunch. At the time, I thought I was going to the Phillies/Dodgers game, so figured I'd eat light. The tickets wound up falling through at the last minute, but this was still a pleasant lunch on the lighter side: turkey, cheese and tomato crepe. And it was totally gorgeous outside.



Got lazy and just ordered some takeout for dinner, to accompany the Phils.

More good eats to come...

No comments: