Monday, October 20, 2008

I Devour LA, Part 8

The cats woke me up bright and early, though I fought the power and proceeded to lie on the couch for a few hours. Then Bill whipped up a nice homemade breakfast. Great way to start the day.


I once again did the unthinkable and walked somewhere in LA. Found a great little cafe, saw a movie, then was feeling rather starved. Nothing a $6 combo fish and shrimp platter couldn't solve. This was amazing!


My feeling is that the worth of a city lies in its cheap eats. Expensive cuisine is always good, but it's at the low end that a city's character, passions, and flavors can really be found. Where people are passionate about living, the cheap eats are good.

At night, we visited George and Samantha for some pizza and some Mad Men. Here, George goes for the first slice:

No comments: