Saturday, August 25, 2007

Top 20

I just got home and I'm really, really drunk. Saw "Hannah Takes the Stairs" at IFC Center (eh, average), then stumbled upon a preposterously amazing random restaurant that served incredibly strong frozen margaritas for $4, plus really awesome pasta, garlic bread, and salads. I'm barely lucid. It was phenomenal. I can barely think straight...but I was pondering an all-time favorite top 20 movie list in the cab home. I'm, again, incredibly drunk, but I'm going to give it the ol' stream of consciousness try. These aren't the best 20 movies of all time, they are merely the first 20 movies that occur to me as "my favorite." Off the top of my head, these are the 20 movies that make me, well, me. In no order:

The Goonies
Back to the Future
Raging Bull
Rushmore
Annie Hall
Manhattan
To Die For
Out of the Past
Trainspotting
The Princess Bride
The Natural
The Graduate
Sweet and Lowdown
The Godfather
The Breakfast Club
Saturday Night Fever
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Heathers
Rocky
Badlands

No comments: