Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Random Thoughts

Things are really crazy right now. I can't get it together to write an actual post, but here's a few scattered tidbits from my incredibly satisfying and exciting life.

1. I've lost the ability to conduct myself on the fantasy baseball field with anything remotely resembling competence. How did this happen? My dwindling skill set suffers another hit.

2. Did the unthinkable Saturday and ordered a Mac. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. Steve Jobs is the PT Barnum of our time. I haven't felt like such a member of the herd since I voted for Kerry. What next, a tattoo? A Volkswagen? Brooklyn?

3. Two reasons for the Mac purchase. My beloved Toshiba blew up. And I want to learn Final Cut Pro. Alas.

4. But, after switching out the hard drive and ordering a power cord on eBay, the Toshiba has come back to life! Last night was my first with a computer in several weeks. And guess what: it completely sucked. I need to get back to nature or something. I fear I'm not cut out for modern life.

5. On the other hand, how can we live in a society where whoever invented Air Conditioning doesn't score a national holiday? MLK, Jr.? Gimme a break. Air conditioning!

6. My little sister is getting married in four days. I'm old.

7. My competent boss just left for a three week vacation, sticking us all with her incompetent partner. He's like a poodle flying the space shuttle. Unreal.

8. My run as the Greatest Matchmaker of His Generation continues unabated. Seriously, I have a gift. If anyone needs setting up, drop me a line. I'm a miracle worker. You should see these people.

9. Finally popped Reds in the DVD player after 3 weeks of it mocking me from the shelf. Turned out to be rather delightful. Warren Beatty's an attractive dude, in case you were wondering.

10. Veronica Mars Season 2: completely blew me away. Kristen Bell's performance is one of the very best I've seen on TV. She's outstanding, and the show is really, really well done. It's not the Wire or anything, but VM makes the American Office look like the BBC Office. It's that good.

No comments: