Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mike Tully Made Me Do It

I must confess to never having heard of this whole meme tagging thing before, if that's even the correct terminology. I have heard of chain letters, though, and how they bring unspeakably bad luck onto those who dare break the chain. I usually ignore them, figuring my luck can't really get much worse. But when you get a shout-out in Boredom at Its Boredest, you'd better get off your ass and deliver some goods. And I'm not in a particularly funny mood this morning, so I'm gonna just take a serious and straightforward approach. Well, here goes:

Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

EIGHT THINGS ABOUT JOSH THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE TELLING YOU

1. I used to be a Mets fan.

2. I am practically consumed by body image issues.

3. I feel trapped by the theoretical implications of having chosen a "creative" life. Likewise, by the pseudo sense of importance that comes with living in NYC.

4. Writing a blog makes me worry I've become everything I despise.

5. Sometimes I feel like an asshole for not liking children. But, they're dreadful, right? What am I missing?

6. My favorite joke: What's better than winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics? Not being retarded.

7. I'd be much happier cooking in a fish shack on the Jersey shore, living in a bungalow by the beach, watching the Phillies on TV every night, and writing occasionally when inspiration strikes. Of course, I'd never have the nerve to drop everything and actually do it.

8. I wish I had Mike Tully's hair.

Whew! I feel like I've just been to the shrink, which I've never actually done by the way, but am more than a little intrigued by the prospect of doing so. Then again, a blog is basically free therapy, right? Hope all four of my readers enjoyed this voyage to the center of my soul. Now I'm off to cower in shame.

Alas, I fear this exercise was all for naught, as I literally don't know a single blogger other than myself. Guess I just don't travel in such circles. If I think of anyone, I'll be sure to come back and complete #4. Until then, may the Gods of broken chain letters smite me where I sit (seriously, it's only 11:30 and I'm at work, so please, please smite away).

No comments: