Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Current Song Obsessions

So I spend an inordinate amount of time at the computer, much of it staring into space or at the same 6 websites over and over again (NY Times, ESPN, Phillies, Netflix, Facebook, Hammer 2 Nail). I tend to get caught in these endless loops of limited attention spans. Or something. And so it goes with music, too. I find myself listening to the same handful of songs over and over and over...until finally something breaks the cycle and a new one begins.

Just a quick list of the current song cycle looping endlessly on my computer:

Band of Horses -- The Funeral
Built to Spill -- Car
Michael Nyman -- Jack
Spiritualized -- Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
ELO -- Telephone Line

I suppose this all says something about my mood, but damn if I know what.

No comments: