Friday, July 18, 2008

Things I Almost Blogged About

I keep thinking about writing something, then find some reason not to (laziness). But I think just the fact that it occurs to me should count for something. Like, if I was really slacking off, I wouldn't even think about posting. Hmmm. Maybe that's flimsy. But at any rate, here are 10 posts I considered writing over the past 2 weeks before doing something else instead:

1. The All Star Trivia Team - I attended trivia night at an Irish pub (no, really). My teammates were a table full of seemingly intelligent 30 somethings. We got destroyed. In this post, I would have presented my roster for an archetypal All-Star Pub Trivia Team.

2. Special Topics In Calamity Physics - The worst book I've ever read/The straw that finally broke my subscription to Entertainment Weekly's back.

3. Wall-E - I am alway, always underwhelmed by Pixar and Pixar-esque movies (the Incredibles might be in my all-time overrated Top 20). Not this time.

4. Summer in DC - Or, I've been bored before, but not like this.

5. Time to Rock - My old friend Jim brought his electric guitar down for the weekend and we proceeded to rock out in my basement like a couple of 16-year-olds. Except for the back, neck and finger pain.

6. DC United - In which I attend my first-ever professional soccer game and come away absolutely fascinated. American hooliganism. Who knew? Nationalism is totally weird. I had no idea we did that here. Also, a bonus discussion in which I compare attending a sporting event at RFK Stadium to shopping at one of New Jersey's few remaining dirt malls.

7. There Goes the Neighborhood - In which my friend Mark and I become the only regular White players at an all-Black tennis complex.

8. One Man Brand - my short documentary is finally finished and the early reviews are good. Next up: festival applications.

9. The Stella Scooter - In which my lifelong obsession with Vespas takes a major hit as I stumble upon a Stella parked in the neighborhood. Will life ever be the same? Perhaps we will find out tomorrow as I visit the dealership!

10. Mosquito Bait - A photo tour of my mosquito-bite ridden legs. Also, we meet the Old Lady At The Gym who enjoys greeting me with, "How are the legs?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have warned you about No. 2. Ugh. I still love EW though!

You definitely need to expand on No. 5-7.