Monday, June 4, 2007

Day 2

I've had first dates WAY less awkward than this. So here's the deal: I sit in the next office over from where my co-superiors sit. Since the big events of last Thursday, I've had no contact w/ the dude in question (he was out Friday). And so I sit here, awaiting some ridiculous meeting or conversation or something. It's 3:30 and: NOTHING. At this point, I'm pretty sure nothing's gonna go down, but still I feel I'm walking on eggshells. I'm not a big fan of confrontation (and thus handle my problems by stomping off to happy hour in the middle of the day) and wouldn't mind, actually, if the whole thing just blew over. But then there's the frustrated Italian half of me, the half that's spent 32 years being overshadowed by the dominant neurotic Jewish half. That half wants really really badly to march into my boss's office and ask him how long he plans on breaking my balls. Goddamn that would be awesome. But, alas, I'll just sit here and anxiously wait for a) the other shoe to drop, or b) 6:00pm to arrive. At least I'm getting paid (technically).

All right, enough about my goddamn job for now. I wanted to write a post called A Day That Will Live In Gluttony about the ridiculous amount of food I shoved down my gullet this past Saturday. But I guess that will have to wait cause my fingers hurt.

Oh, and what gives? 5 Posts and I still don't have a book deal? What the hell's going on here?

No comments: